Ali Bedni Bugyal Trek
There are many treks to rejuvenate your body, but there are only few like Ali Bedni Bugyal trek that revives your soul.
India has only few meadow treks all across; however, the trek to Bedni and Ali Bugyal stands out among all. With vast stretches of greenfield, dense forest, quaint hamlet, giant peaks and more; the trek to Ali and Bedni Bugyal is among the most beautiful alpine meadows in Uttarakhand.
Also Read: Trekking in Uttarakhand
The 6D/5N trek to this velvety grassland is a pleasant combination of natural and Uttarakhand beauty. However, it's not just the meadows that categorize this trek as a must-do trek. But, there are many unseen charms lying in the way that most trekkers don't know about.
The peak views from the campsites is truly a rewarding experience. Vast meadow with mighty Nanda & Trishul peak jetting out right in front of you, is a moment of pure bliss. Watch the entire view of Trishul (6,000ft. - 7,000ft.) with glistening snow in the sunrays. A view that you will find, only at Bedni Bugyal and not any other meadow trek in India.
P.S: Do take a look at the sunrise and sunset from these meadows. It's an awe-inspiring light show of nature that happens on the Trishul Peak right in front of you. It's something you must-see when hiking to Ali Bedni Bugyal.
Trekking through the dense forest is another charm in this location. A captivating moment for not just everyone, especially nature admirers and photographers. Most of the trees here are 1000 years old and what's even more fascinating is that the trail does not actually journeys on the ground. But instead on the roots covered with green moss. It's an outworldly experience of meandering through these forests. And wait till the sunlight hits. The view suddenly shifts to a cinematic shot of light & shadow, which is a perfect moment for any photographer to capture while crossing these dense forest routes.
Apart from these, the meadows display the views of Mt. Chaukhamba, Hathi Ghoda, Mt. Neelkantha, and other great ranges facing behind Nanda Devi & Trishul Peaks.
The trek is moderately difficult. There are no technical sections, but you will find steep ascent and steep descent from day 1 of the hike. Not many are warmed up for their first day, which is why hikers are advised to make some initial preparation to level up their endurance. The ascend is gradual and gains 3,500ft. till you reach the meadows from Lohajung which is at 7,300ft. Due to the gradual ascent, there haven't been any altitude-related troubles in this trek.
Also Check: Roopkund Trek
One determined to cover the Ali Bedni Bugyal trek distance should make this trek in summer. To be precise, try Ali Bedni Bugyal Trek in March (Onwards). It is at this time of the year, the meadow blooms with lush greenery and wildflowers in abundance. One could find the best of this in June.
The Ali Bedni Bugyal hike is also enjoyable in the post-monsoon season. The skies are squeaky clean when the monsoon clouds have passed, and only these months provide the greatest views of the Alps. Choose the post-monsoon season if you want to photograph the region's large mountains.
The weather remains relatively cool during the summers, ranging between 6° C to 15° C. However, those who are opting to make a winter trek to these meadows, must travel with an extra set of bodywarmers as the temperature at Bedni Bugyal remains between – 2°C to – 5°C during winter.
Apart from all of the above, the trek is a treat to its viewer. So come along on this most enchanting meadow trek of Ali and Bedni Bugyal. Now, with your favorite trekking stop, Moustache Escapes.
A couple of hours more into the trek you reach Khobal, pitch your tents here, have your breakfast and rest for the day.
Wake up, have your breakfast, start your trail to Patar Nachauni, an easy straight trail for about 4 km.
The trail will keep ascending gradually, till Bedni Bugyal. Also the trek will bring you to the other side of the ridge.
Enjoy the mesmerizing sight from the ridge, a couple of more kms into the trek you will reach the campsite for the day.
Patar Nachauni is a beautiful campsite, offering great views all around. Have your meals and retire for the day.
Wake up and have your breakfast, start your journey back to Lohajung via Wan.
You will cross the oak forest and the scenic beauty will amaze you. Enjoy great views of Mt. Trishul on your way back from Bedni Bugyal.
Keep descending and enjoy the Rhodederon forest, spend enough time at every stop.
You reach the river area and from there it's just 1 hour to Wan, from there return to Lohajung.
Wake up, have your breakfast, start your drive back to Kathgodam/Rishikesh..
Trek ends here!!
Before booking a cab or bus to or from Dharchula, it is advisable to contact the trek operator first as they have the local transport facility running which usually borne and shared between the trekkers.
1. Shirts / T-shirts –2/3, Jeans / Trekking Pants -2
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) preferably with a hood
3. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
4. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower), Scarf/muffler (optional)
5. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
6. Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (Waterproof shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
7. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
8. Raincoat / Poncho, Small quick dry towel
9. Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleri bottles!!)
10. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
11. Sun glasses (polarized/UV Protected), Walking stick / Trekking pole
12. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
13. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
14. Personal toiletries
15. Day pack/small bag in case if you are planning to offload your regular backpack
16. Hand Sanitizer
17. Extra face masks
1. You will be greeted by our trek team on your arrival at Lohajung.
2. All stays included from Lohajung to Lohajung on sharing basis:
(i) Guest house/Home stay on day 1, 2 & 5.
(ii) Tents on day 3 and 4
3. All meals included from Day 1 dinner to Day 6 breakfast. Vegetarian meals will be served throughout the trek.
4. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route
5. Hot water in buckets can be provided on request depending on availability, while staying at guest houses / home stay only.
6. All trek essentials included–
(i) Accommodation - tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats etc.
(ii) Safety equipment - microspikes, gaiters as per requirements and basic first aid kit with a portable oxygen cylinder.
(iii) Permit - forest and camping fee included.
1. The above trek charges do not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials -
(i) Equipment - Gumboots, trekking poles, etc.
(ii) Insurance - Personal and travel insurances.
(iii) Beverage - Mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages
(iv) Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein or nutrition bar.
(v) Entertainment - Camera or drone fees.
3. Transportation - The charges of transportation on day 1 and 6 are to be borne and shared between the trekkers.
4. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of ""force majeure"", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
5. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
6. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
1. If cancellations are made 26 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, no cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If cancellations are made between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 25% of the total package amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
3. If cancellations and rescheduling are made within 7 days from the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 100% of the total booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
4. Guest can reschedule the tour/trek/activity between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity (Depending on the availability), after this period no rescheduling can be done and no amount can be refunded.
5. Rescheduling of the tour/trek/activity is applicable only once, after that if you want to cancel or reschedule the trek/tour/activity again, it will not be possible and no refund will be processed.
6. If you book the tour/trek/activity by making a partial payment of the total booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 26 days from the date of travel. In this case, your booking will get canceled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
7. In case if your tour/trek/activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
8. In case if your tour/trek/activity gets cancelled because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes between 0-7 days from your date of travel, you will be eligible to reschedule the date of your trek/tour/activity or you can get a credit note of the amount paid, however no cash refund will be possible in this case.
9. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
10. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5