Spiti Valley Jeep Safari - Spiti Valley is located in the extreme northern part of Himachal Pradesh and is especially known for its rawness. With mountains bare as bald and magnificent as the Himalayas, Spiti valley hoards vibrant cultures, traditions, and languages. The entire region of this valley is patched with hamlets inhabited by a maximum of 200 people.
The small villages are what make the Spiti Valley so colorful. Other than all the important Monasteries and Lakes, these villages are famous tourist spots. Every village has its own vibe and traditions. These unique villages are what make Spiti Valley so special.
Also See: Backpacker Hostel in Kaza, Spiti
The way Ladakh is a hidden gem of India that vaults surprises, the same way Spiti Valley is also not so known hidden gem of Himachal Pradesh with extraordinary landscapes. It’s a place that proudly boasts the world’s highest post office and Asia’s highest suspension bridge.
Jeep Safari in Spiti Valley is an escape for all those who wish to walk away from the buzz of typical hill stations and explore the less traversed part of mountains. With breathtaking surprises at every corner, the entire journey finishes with permanent awe on your face.
Our Spiti jeep safari takes you on a road journey that covers the best of Spiti valley. Right from Kaza to Chandratal, you drive through some of the most stunning landscapes of the Himalayas. What’s best is that you don't have to worry about what bus to catch to reach what place, or how to protect against the harsh cold. Enjoy the entire Spiti Valley with utmost comfort and warmth.
Here are the places you will visit during Spiti Valley Expedition: -
Komik which translates into ‘Snow Cock’ is Asia’s highest village that sits at 15,000 ft above sea level. It inhabits not more than 100 people and has an air of traditionality. Only about 20 km away from Kaza, Komik is accessible by bus or taxi. It’s a beautiful town with a monastery and several other small tourist spots.
Here comes an important landmark of this trip. Hikkim is a cute little village that has the world’s highest post office. Go and explore the weary old walls and rooms of this old post office. Meet the postmaster and hear some ancient stories about this magnificent landmark.
Locals say that Key Monastery which is also called Ki Monastery is about 1000 years old. It is also the biggest center for Buddhism learning in the entire Spiti Valley. With stunning designs and an utter peaceful environment, Ki Monastery will leave you astonished.
Kibber is said to be the highest motorable village in the world. Also known as Kyber, this village is famous for Kibber Monastery and Kibber wildlife sanctuary. Kibber village is a picturesque town with gorgeous views of massive mountains and vast open valleys.
Kungri Monastery is a major center for budding Buddhist scholars, readers, and followers. Said to be built in 1330, this monastery holds several mysterious ancient stories and traditions.
Pronounced as ‘Moodh’, this village is also famously called the Mud Village. Nestled deep in the beautiful mountains and valley, Mudh village boats some amazing landscapes of snow-topped mountains. Interestingly, this is the last village in that region, which means there are no roads further to this village. Doesn’t it feel like traveling to the end of the world?
The Ajanta of Himalayas (Photo): The oldest Monastery of India, Tabo silently sits at 3050 meters. The reason why it is also called ‘The Ajanta of Himalayas’ is the vivid paintings and scriptures on the walls. These paintings hold ancient stories and priceless histories to tell.
Dhankar Lake is located just above Dhankar Village is a stunning sight to witness. A chance to spend some time beside such a high altitude lake is itself a blessing. Dhankar Lake will leave you rejuvenated and refreshed.
Located at an altitude of 4300 meters, Chandratal Lake is the most gorgeous lake in the entire Himalayas. It is one of the most visited lakes by the tourists and is an ideal place for camping too.
For further queries regarding Lahaul Spiti Jeep Safari Tour, Lahaul Spiti tours, Manali Jeep Safari Tour, Jeep Safari Spiti Valley, call us or write to us today!
Wake up to a chilly morning, have your breakfast at the campsite with the last Spitian views.
It’s time to head back from where we started. The drive back to Manali will take about 5-6 hours in total. You will drive through the new inaugurated Atal Tunnel.
After you have reached Manali, report at the guest house and settle in your rooms. If you wish, you can go and explore the beautiful town.
Savor the dinner and sleep a sound night.
Wake up and have your breakfast. It’s time to say goodbye. Moustache sincerely thanks for choosing us and giving us this opportunity to serve you better.
1. Shirts / T-shirts –4/5, Jeans 2/4
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) preferably with a hood
3. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower),Scarf/muffler
4. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
5. Comfortable Hiking shoes (Waterproof shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
6. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
7. Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleribottles!!)
8. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
10. Sun glasses (polarized/UV Protected), Walking stick.
11. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
12. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
13. Personal toiletries
14. Hand Sanitizer
15. Extra face masks
16. Valid Government ID proof.
1. You will be greeted by our trek team with a welcome drink on your arrival to Manali campsite.
2. All stays included from Kaza to Manali on sharing basis:
(i) Stay in guest house from Day 1 to Day 3 and Day 6
(ii) Stay in homestay on Day 4.
(iii) Stay in tents on Day 5
3. All meals included from Day 1 dinner to Day 7 breakfast. Vegetarian meals will be served throughout the trek.
4. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route
5. Hot water in buckets can be provided on request depending on availability, while staying in guest house only.
6. Jeep fees and Driver cum guide fees.
7. Alpine / Dome Tents, Sleeping Bags, Mattress for Day 5.
1. The above tour charges do not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials -
(i) Equipment - Gumboots, trekking poles, sleeping bags, liners etc.
(ii) Insurance - Personal and travel insurances.
(iii) Beverage - Mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages
(iv) Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein or nutrition bar.
(v) Entertainment - Camera or drone fees.
3. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
4. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
5. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
6. Separate arrangements over accommodation on request, will be charged extra.
1. If cancellations are made 25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, no cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If cancellations are made between 4-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, EITHER 75% of the total booking amount will be returned to the guest (25% of the total booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee) OR whole advance amount can be adjusted against any trek within next 12 months.
3. If cancellations are made within 4 days from the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 100% of the total booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
4. If you book the tour/trek/activity by making a partial payment of the total booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 30 days from the date of travel. In this case, your booking will get canceled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
5. In case if your tour/trek/activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
6. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
7. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5