A Picturesque Winter Trek in Kashmir ( Marchoi Trek ):
The Marchoi Trek is a chilly hiking experience near Kangan, Jammu and, Kashmir. This trek follows a pathway that rambles alongside the Wangath River, traverses an iced ravine that is translucent and filled with icicles, and provides a breathtaking view of appealing Himalayan mountains from Marchoi Top, such as Mt Harmukh, Kotwal Peak, Salnai Valley, and more. The trail also passes through a section of forest before opening up onto a huge field and climbing to Marchoi Top, also known as Shadimarg Top. The walk is well-known for its biodiversity and bird observation. It is an excellent trek in Kashmir.
Trekking in Kashmir has never been more picturesque. On the route, stop for a cup of hot Kehwa/tea and explore the woods and mud dwellings. Leave your footprints in freshly drizzled snow and enjoy a bonfire at night. Kashmiri food would be served to you along with lovely company. The valley gets blanketed in a rainbow of seasonal flowers stretching into a spectrum of colors. The best part about this trek is that it’s situated in an untouched part of Kashmir where beauty shines through. This is one of the best Kashmir trekking packages.
The trip to Macholi isn’t too difficult. One of the first places you will see on this trek is Naranag. Marchoi Meadow is a two to three hours journey from Naranag, a climbing base camp, and therefore is accessible to Srinagar by road, which takes around an hour to complete. The hike to Domail isn't particularly strenuous, but it's noticeable due to the high elevation. Following an arriving rivulet, one can hike for hours to Marchoi field and others to fully appreciate the character. In the spring, the combination of pine trees, various plants, and thus the ice creates a unique scene. Naranag is a tourist destination with ancient temple ruins. Come along on this Winter trek in Kashmir.
Usually, people like to go on this trek from November to February since the snow falls all over the trek, making it extremely scenic.
1. Shirts/T-shirts –2/3, Jeans/Trekking Pants -2
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality
3. Warm and thick Fleece/Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
4. Thermal inner wear, Scarf/muffler
5. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
6. Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (Waterproof shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
7. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
8. Raincoat/Poncho, Small quick-dry towel
9. Water bottle
10. Cap/Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
11. Sunglasses (polarized/UV Protected), Walking stick/Trekking pole
12. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch/Flashlight (with extra batteries)
13. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
14. Personal toiletries
15. Day pack/small bag in case if you are planning to offload your regular backpack
16. Hand Sanitizer
17. Extra face masks
18. Camera if you like (with fully charged batteries)
1. You will be greeted by our team on your arrival at Naranag.
2. All stays from Naranag to Sangri, Homestay on day 1 and camps (twin sharing) on day 2 & 3.
3. Day 1 evening snacks to day 4 breakfast.
4. Camping Equipment: Tents, Sleeping bags, sleeping mats, hot water bottles (if required).
5. Mountaineering qualified trek leader, guides, cook, helpers, etc.
1. If cancellations are made 26 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, no cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If cancellations are made between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 25% of the total package amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
3. If cancellations and rescheduling are made within 7 days from the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 100% of the total booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
4. Guest can reschedule the tour/trek/activity between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity (Depending on the availability), after this period no rescheduling can be done and no amount can be refunded.
5. Rescheduling of the tour/trek/activity is applicable only once, after that if you want to cancel or reschedule the trek/tour/activity again, it will not be possible and no refund will be processed.
6. If you book the tour/trek/activity by making a partial payment of the total booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 26 days from the date of travel. In this case, your booking will get canceled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
7. In case if your tour/trek/activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
8. In case if your tour/trek/activity gets cancelled because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes between 0-7 days from your date of travel, you will be eligible to reschedule the date of your trek/tour/activity or you can get a credit note of the amount paid, however no cash refund will be possible in this case.
9. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
10. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5