The breath-taking views of Kangra valley and the snow-capped Dhauladhar range combined sums up the Triund. The Triund trek is the most popular weekend trek from the busy cities of Delhi & Chandigarh, it is one of the rewarding treks of the Himalayas. If you want to take a break from your busy life but have leave constraints, then this trek is just perfect for you.
The Trek starts from our Moustache Mcleodganj hostel at 10am in the morning after a half n hour of the briefing, the trail is well paved with a gradual ascend but is compensated by the fresh Oak & Rhododendron trees. During the trek, you can spot birds of different kinds and the chipping sound they produce is amazing.
Also See: Hampta Pass Trek
Mcleodganj is commonly known as the city of Dalai Lama, the hospitality you get here is also very warm as the locals have an adaptive Tibetian culture. There are many monestaries where you can observe the tibetan culture very closely.
The trek of Triund can be done over weekends, however you visit there in weekdays you will get less crowd and enjoy the nature at its best. This is an entry-level trek and in less time you can experience the world of trekking.
Day 1: Mcleodganj to Triund, via Mahana
Altitude: 6,831 ft to 9,350 ft
Trek: 9km (4-5 hrs)
Meals Included: Evening Snacks and Dinner (Lunch is optional and can be arranged at extra cost)
Stay Included: Stay in tents on a double/triple sharing basis
Day 2: Triund to Mcleodganj
Altitude: 9,350 ft to 6,381 ft
Trek: 9km (4-5 hrs)
Meals included: Breakfast
The trek ends here.
Air: Take a flight to Dharamshala airport and a cab to reach the base point, or else if the flight landing timings are past 10 am then you can book a stay for the day and join the trek next day.
Road: Volvo transfers are available from Delhi or Chandigarh to Mcleodganj, after reaching you can take a cab to report at the base point.
Rail: Take a train to Pathankot or Chandigarh railway station and from there you can take a shared cab or bus to reach Mcleodganj.
1. Shirts / T-shirts, Jeans / Trekking Pants
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) preferably with a hood
3. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater (in Winters)
4. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower), Scarf/muffler (optional)
5. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves & regular socks
6. Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (Waterproof shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
7. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
8. Raincoat / Poncho, Small quick dry towel
9. Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleri bottles!!)
10. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
11. Sun glasses (polarized/UV Protected), Walking stick / Trekking pole (Optional)
12. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
13. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
14. Personal toiletries
15. Hand Sanitizer
16. Extra face masks
1. Stay in Alpine/Dome tents on a sharing basis.
2. Meals included for Day 1 & 2
(i) Day 1 - Evening Snacks and Dinner
(ii) Day 2 - Breakfast
3. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route
4. Hot water for drinking purpose can be provided on request.
5. Trek essentials included–
(i) Accommodation - tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats etc
(ii) Safety equipment - as per requirements and basic first aid kit.
6. All govt. and forest permit charges
1. The above trek charges does not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials -
(i) Equipment - Gumboots, trekking poles, etc.
(ii) Insurance - Personal and travel insurances.
(iii) Beverage - Mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages
(iv) Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein or nutrition bar.
(v) Entertainment - Camera or drone fees.
3. Transportation - The charges of transportation to reach trek starting point.
4. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
5. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
6. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
7. Separate tents on request, will be charged extra
1. If cancellations are made within 2 days prior to the start of the trek, 100% advance will be charged as cancellation fee.
2. If cancellations are made between 3-7 days prior to the start of the trek, EITHER 75% of total package amount will be returned to the guest (25% of total package amount will be charged as cancellation fee) OR whole advance amount can be adjusted against any trek within next 6 months.
3. If cancellations are made prior to 7 days from the start of the trek, 100% of the total advance will be refunded.
4. If you book the trek by paying 25% of the booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 25 days from date of travel. In this case, your booking will get cancelled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
5. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
6. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
7. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Q1. What is the best time to go for Triund Trek?
Answer: The Triund Trek is open all year round, During the months of April-May-June, Sept-Oct to enjoy a lush green environment and the months of Nov-March to enjoy a chilly and snow-filled environment.
Q2. Which type of shoes should I carry on the trek to Triund?
Answer: We recommend using good quality sports/hiking shoes for the trek of Triund. We recommend waterproof hiking shoes as in mountains it might rain anytime
Q3. How is Triund Trek weather?
Answer: In summers it ranges between 10 to 25 degree celsius, however in winters it ranges between -5 to 10 degree celsius.
Q4. What activities are included in the Triund trek?
Answer: During the trek of Triund, you can enjoy a bonfire evening with light music while sharing your stories to other group mates and listening to their’s, and also you can enjoy the best stargazing in the region.
Q5. Can we consume alcohol in Triund trek, in case of the excessive cold?
Answer: No, it is not recommended to consume alcohol during the trek to Triund, as it might cause acute mountain sickness.
Q6. Is camping allowed in Triund trek?
Answer: Yes, camping is allowed in the Triund trek.*
Q7. What is the difficulty level of Triund Trek?
Answer: The Triund trek falls under the easy category, hence the path is well paved and will not require much effort to hike.
Q8. Is Diamox advisable at Triund Trek?
Answer: No, the Diamox is not advisable for the trek of Triund since you will be touching an altitude of 9,350 ft. You can carry the tablet and if you observe any symptoms of AMS then you can have it only on the recommendation of your trek leader.
Q9. What are washroom/toilet facilities on the Triund Trek Package?
Answer: The shared washroom/toilet facilities are available on the Triund Trek Package.
Q10. What kind of physical fitness will be required to do trekking in Triund?
Answer: A basic fitness level is required for the trek of Triund, a trekker should be able to jog for 2-3 km under 60 min.
Q11. How to reach Triund Trek Basecamp?
Answer: There are multiple ways to reach the Triund trek base camp, proper information is listed on the website under the Triund page.
Q12. Is Triund open all year round?
Answer: Yes, the Triund trek is open all year round except in monsoon season.
Q13. Can Triund Trek Booking be done in one day?
Answer: Yes, you can book the trek of Triund 24 hours before the start date after paying the full amount at the portal.
Q14. Will meals and water be included in the Triund Trek package?
Answer: Yes, meals are included in the Triund Trek package, you will be provided with Dinner on day 1 and breakfast on day 2.
Q15. What is the starting and ending point of the Triund Trek?
Answer: The start and end of the Triund Trek will be the Bhagsu Naag temple.
Q16. What is the minimum group size to avail Triund Trek package?
Answer: There are no criteria for a minimum group size for the Triund Trek, a solo traveler can also hop onto for the trek.
Q17. Are Pickup and Drop facilities available from Delhi for Triund Trek?
Answer: Yes, pickup and drop facility is available from delhi at an additional cost.
Q18. Is Triund Trek safe for Solo travelers and female travelers?
Answer: Yes, The Triund trek is and always will be very safe for solo and female travelers. Proper safety steps are being taken on the ground.
Q19. Can Triund be my first trek?
Answer: Yes, as it falls under the easy category and has gradual ascent throughout the trek, which makes it a perfect trek for first timers.
Q20. What is the total trek distance of Triund Trek?
Answer: Total distance of Triund trek is approx 18kms (9kms each side).
Q21. What is the overnight stay option at Triund Trek?
Answer: During the trek of Triund, you will be staying in Alpine/Dome tents. One can opt for Triund top stay or the Mahana campsite which is 2 km away from Triund Top and is less crowded.
Q22. What is Triund famous for?
Answer: The Triund trek is for the beautiful views of the valley and magical sunset and sunrise from the top.
Q23. What is the maximum altitude of Triund Trek?
Answer: The maximum altitude of the Triund Trek will be 9,350 ft when you reach the top.
Q24. Is there snowfall in Triund?
Answer: Yes, you can enjoy the snowfall in the Triund Trek from November to February.
Q25. Is there a network in Triund?
Answer: Yes, mobile networks are available throughout the trek of Triund.
Q26. What should I bring to a Triund Trek?
Answer: This is easy and not much of the equipment is required for the trek, a proper list of things to carry is listed on the website under the Triund trek page, you must check it.
Q27.What are the places to visit near Triund?
Answer: You can visit Bhagsu Falls, Bhagsu Nag Temple, Dal Lake, Dalai Lama Temple, and the market area of Mcleodganj near the Triund Trek.
Q28. Which are the other treks in Dharamshala and McLeodganj?
Answer: Other than the Triund trek, you can visit the Indrahar Pass trek, Kareri Trek, Bhagsu Trek, and many other treks.
Average Rating 4.5