Bhrigu Lake Trek, Manali
Without Transportation - INR 4599
With Transportation - INR 4699
Discover the wonders of Himalayas with Bhrigu Lake Trek. Join us to visit the sacred lake for Hindus situated at the height of 14,100ft. As per the facts Hindu Rishi Bhrigu used to meditate at this place, and it is believed the water of the lake is also holy. Situated at the east of Rohtang pass, the lake freezes during winters. You can observe a thin white layer of snow over the lake which looks very glistering.
On day 1 you will be welcomed at our hostel that is the Moustache Manali, feel the warmth at the property. Check in to your dorm rooms which will be shared by the trekkers and the fellow travellers. Indulge into the hostel culture and have a good time exploring the property. You can also step out and enjoy the cafe hopping, the market of Old Manali consists of many good cafes, enjoy the German bakery and the other appetite offered there, In the late evening get back to the hostel and enjoy the hot meals served and retire as the real adventure starts from tomorrow.
On day 2 you start the trek from Kluang to Moridugh, the path to this lake is rocky goes through the dense forest, the last leg that is few km from the lake the trail ascends, as it's a high altitude lake you should take care about the time spent at the highest point, capture the white surrounding, play with snow and register as many as memories you can. Once you reach the Bhrigu Lake have a glistering view of most peaks of Dhauladhar range such as Hanuman Tibba (Highest peak in Dhauladhar range 5928 Meter), Manali peak, and Friendship Peak.
Manali is the hub of many treks, tours and adventure activities, situated at an elevation of 6,700 ft. with river Beas flowing by the side. On day 1 you will be welcomed at Old Manali which is said to the best hideout from the Manali crowd. People who are young at heart always enjoy the hospitality offered here. The vibe and the energy of this place is totally different, also the river Manalsu flowing across which meets with the Beas river.
The alpine pond of Bhrigu is located east of the renowned Rohtang pass. While on the course, you'll witness practically every imaginable variation that a mid-altitude trail can provide. The pond's name comes from Bhrigu Peak, which is located nearby. According to mythology, Maharishi Bhrigu of Saptarishi pondered just on the shore of this lonely and pure lake, which is located at 4160 meters (13645 feet) over sea level. For even more than part of the year, the tiny lake is iced. In the summertime, the joy of strolling on ice can be enjoyed by those on this trek. Come along on the Bhrigu Lake Trek!
The trail begins 12 kilometres outside of Manali, in Kulhan on Rohtang Road. To get to Moridugh, it first passes through a beautiful woodland of pine, maple, oak, and conifers. We proceed through beautiful green alpine meadows as we pass the tree line. Bhrigu lake Trekking invites you to visit it!
From springtime to summers to fall, the colors of the grasslands shifts with Bhrigu lake weather. On both sides of the Bhrigu Lake, there is a sloping meadow area. The "Bird's-eye" vistas of the neighbouring valleys, such as Manali, Solang, and Gulaba, are unmissable. The vistas of the snow-capped summits and ranges of Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal are breathtaking once we approach the plains. The peaks of Hampta valley, such as Deo Tibba and Indrasan, may be seen from Panduropa. On either hand, the Rohtang area is surrounded by the Hanuman Tibba, Ladakhi, Shetidhar, Friendship, and Chandrabhaga (CB) ranges.The trek of Bhrigu Lake requires a medium level of fitness and is proven to be a calm trek with many things to offer.
Altitude: 6,730 ft. to 9500 ft.
Drive: 15 km (30 min)
Trek: 7 km (4- 5 hours)
Meals Included: Lunch - Evening Snacks - Dinner
Stay Type: Stay in tents on a double / triple sharing basis
Reach Manali to report at the campsite (at around 9AM) for short brief about the trek.
The trek starts from Roli Kholi. The Bhrigu lake trek altitude, ascends on an ancient British route crossing dense forest for 4-5 hours.
If thirsty, Bhrigu lake Himachal will encounter various river streams to refill water bottles.
You’ll reach the campsite by evening. Enjoy your Bhrigu Lake camping, watching a perfect sunset at Dhauladhar range.
Enjoy the night skies served with hot meals. Later, retire to rest.
Altitude: 9,500 ft. to 14,100 ft.
Trek: 9 km (5 - 6 hours)
Meals Included: Breakfast - Lunch - Evening Snacks - Dinner
Stay Type: Stay in tents on a double / triple sharing basis
Wake up for breakfast and head to Bhrigu Lake, that’ll take around 5 - 6 hours.
The Bhrigu lake trek height, begins with rocky patch and a steep ascent leaving treeline behind.
The Bhrigu lake height is 14,100 ft. and is the most exciting part of the trek due to snow. If you’re on Bhrigu lake winter trek, you’ll find a frozen lake at the Bhrigu lake point.
At Bhrigu lake point, enjoy the view of Dhauladhar Range, famous peak of range- Hanuman Tibba (Highest peak in Dhauladhar range 5928 Meter), Manali peak, and friendship peak that will give you an ever lasting memories.
After spending enough time at the lake time to head back to Roli Kholi campsite.
Altitude: 9,500 ft. to 6,730 ft.
Trek: 7km (4-5 hours)
Drive: 15 km (30 min)
Meals included: Breakfast
Start your chilly morning, with hot breakfast. Later, start hiking to Gulaba.
Hike back to the point where you started on day 2.
After reaching Gulaba, a shared cab drove to Manali.
Air: Take a flight to Kullu airport and take a cab to Manali and to Moustache Manali, if not possible you can book flight to Delhi or Chanigarh and board a Volvo to Manali and to Moustache Manali.
Road: Volvo transfers are available from Delhi & Chandigarh to Manali and cab or auto to Moustache Manali.Rail: Take a train to Chandigarh railway station and take a cab or bus to Manali and a cab to Moustache Manali.
1. Shirts / T-shirts –2/3, Jeans / Trekking Pant
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) preferably with a hood
3. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
4. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower), Scarf/muffler (optional)
5. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
6. Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (Waterproof shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
7. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
8. Raincoat / Poncho, Small quick dry towel
9. Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleri bottles!!)
10. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
11. Sun glasses (polarized/UV Protected), Walking stick / Trekking pole
12. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
13. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
14. Personal toiletries
15. Hand Sanitizer16. Extra face masks
1. You will be greeted by our trek team on your arrival to Manali Campsite.
2. Stay at Roli Kholi during trek on a sharing basis.
3. All meals included from Day 1 Lunch to Day 3 breakfast. Vegetarian meals will be served throughout the trek.
4. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route
5. Kitchen, dining and toilet tents will be used during the trek.
6. Cooks/Helper for carrying common equipment like rations/tents/utensils/groceries.
7. All trek essentials included–
(i) Accommodation - tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats etc.
(ii) Safety equipment - micro spikes, gaiters (If required) and basic first aid kit with a portable oxygen cylinder.
(iii) Permit - forest and camping fee included.
1. The above trek charges does not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials -
(i) Equipment - Gumboots, trekking poles etc.
(ii) Insurance - Personal and travel insurances.
(iii) Beverage - Mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages
(iv) Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein or nutrition bar.(v) Entertainment - Camera or drone fees.
1. If cancellations are made 26 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, no cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If cancellations are made between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 25% of the total package amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
3. If cancellations and rescheduling are made within 7 days from the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 100% of the total booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
4. Guest can reschedule the tour/trek/activity between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity (Depending on the availability), after this period no rescheduling can be done and no amount can be refunded.
5. Rescheduling of the tour/trek/activity is applicable only once, after that if you want to cancel or reschedule the trek/tour/activity again, it will not be possible and no refund will be processed.
6. If you book the tour/trek/activity by making a partial payment of the total booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 26 days from the date of travel. In this case, your booking will get cancelled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
7. In case if your tour/trek/activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
8. In case if your tour/trek/activity gets cancelled because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes between 0-7 days from your date of travel, you will be eligible to reschedule the date of your trek/tour/activity or you can get a credit note of the amount paid, however no cash refund will be possible in this case.
9. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
10. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
3. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure" or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
4. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
5. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.6. Transportation from Manali to Manali.
Bhrigu Lake is situated on the east side of Rohtang Pass, but in order to get there, you first stop at Gulaba and then begin the hike. There are many taxis available to take you from Manali to Gulaba.
The entire Bhrigu Lake Trek distance is 24 Km and can be done in 3-4 days. The days varies depending upon the customization/inclusions made in the trek.
Well-marked with road and forest trails, the Bhrigu lake Himachal Pradesh has moderate ascent. Even beginners and amateur hikers can easily start the journey with some basic planning and adequate fitness levels.
The time from mid-May till the mid of October is considered as Bhrigu lake trek best time. Avoid this trek during monsoon, when it rains heavily with a frequent chance of landslide during the day as well as night.
In November, December, and January till March and April, the place is hostile to visit. As Bhrigu lake temperature drops below -5degree Celsius. Hence, not ok to trek during that time of the year.
The Bhrigu lake trek base camp lies in Manali. From there, it takes 3-4 days to reach the lake point. For more details on how to go to Bhrigu Lake from Manali, kindly check our itinerary.
Average Rating 4.5