Stay at Hammock Tents | Tree Tents | Hanging Tent Pachmarhi - Imagine laying in a floating tent over a flowing stream of water as fireflies dance around you and a million stars sparkle in the sky. Sleep to the natural lullaby of the forest sounds like the footsteps of a dear, a squirrel running across dry leaves, and the leaves moving in the gentle wind. Alas, you are sleeping not only in the heart of India but also in the Satpura National park. Suspended above the water stream, you’re truly safe and comfortable in your cozy tent. Look outside, there are only trees around you. You’re tucked in the middle of a forest far away from civilization. No sign of sound, air, and light pollution. How does one get to this heavenly getaway? Come along with us, and we’ll show you.
Also See: Night On Wheels - Pachmarhi
Sounds like a dream right? We are here to make your fantasies come true. Moustache Panarpani retreat sits in the Satpura ranges rich in diverse flora and fauna. We want you to take a closer look at all Madhya Pradesh has to offer, so come along. We start our exertion at Moustache Panarpani Retreat and drive to our campsite. It’s no ordinary drive since you’ll be offroading into the many jungle trails unknown and untouched by mankind. Our campsite is nothing like you’ve ever seen before. For the first time ever in central India, we present to you - suspended tents. They’re also known as hammock tents due to their shape and suspension.
Also See: Hostel in Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh
These tents are tied to the barks of trees around the stream and suspended right above the rumbling river. You can let your feet out of the tent over the river and look at the flora and fauna all around you. Participate in team-building activities like learning how to build the tent, riverside song singing, treasure hunt, etc. What’s a camping experience without a good barbeque right? We have that covered for you. A dazzling bonfire and barbeque are at your service at the campsite. Tilt your head up to admire the marvel of a thousand stars lined up in the sky in front of you. Due to the absence of light pollution, the stars shine brighter than ever. Surround your eyes with the umbrella view of the plants above you. Sounds like a good time guaranteed right?
Don’t be too surprised if you wake up to a deer drinking water from the river in the morning. You’re not in their way and hence not disturbing their natural routine. This mode of camping is loved by environmentalists because they get to observe nature without becoming an obstruction to it. Let’s wake up early and go on a hike into the Satpura ranges. A naturalist is accompanying you, so rest assured that all your questions about the ecosystem will be answered. The certified naturalist will point out the beautiful properties in the flora and fauna around you. A bird watching activity during this trek is ideal so get ready to treat your eyes to some exotic, and colorful birds singing various tunes.
Such experiences take you away from the hustle and bustle of noisy city life. The hanging tent experience is the first of its kind in central India, and you won't find more than a handful of such tents all over India. So grab the wonderful opportunity to hang in the middle of the beautiful forests of Satpura National Park. The truest form of digital detox can be found in this lifestyle. An evening of bonfire, barbeque, sleeping in unique tents, and feeling completely relaxed awaits you. An adventurous trek will follow the next morning, are you ready for the excitement? Come to Satpura with Moustache Escapes.
Day 1: Transfer to the camping site
Start/End Point: Moustache Panarpani Retreat
Stay Type: Hammock Tents on a Sharing Basis
Meals Included: Snacks - Dinner
Day 2: Jungle Walk
Meal Included: Breakfast
By Road: To reach Pachmarhi, you've got to land at Piparia. From Piparia a 2 hrs drive for 51 km will take you Pachamarhi. The first half of the distance is through the plains and the latter half through the mountainous region. The bus fare is Rs 20 and buses are available from Piparia at 5-30, 7-00, 10-15, 12-30, 16-00, 18-00, 20-00, 20-30 and 22-30.
Taxis are also available on this route from Piparia. MPTDC cars are available at Rs 500/600. Private jeeps too go to Pachmarhi for around Rs.500 and Rs.100 per head. The jeeps go from point to point touching one beauty spot to another, charging different fare for different destination. Tongas are also available for moderate rates.
By Rail: The nearest railway station from Pachmarhi is at Piparia. There are direct trains from Howrah, Mumbai, and Chennai to Piparia. If you are coming from Delhi to Bhopal, you can take a train to Itarsi Railway Station, and from there you may change trains to reach Piparia. Pipariya Railway Station is on the way to Jabalpur from Itarsi Junction.
By Air: The nearest airport is at Bhopal, 195 km from Pachmarhi. Direct flights to Bhopal are available from Delhi and Mumbai.
Given the excellent network of transport, Reaching Pachmarhi in India is no big deal at all. With all the details on how to reach Pachmarhi, get set to hit this beautiful hill resort this vacation.
1. Shirts / T-shirts, Jeans
2. Comfortable walking shoes
3. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
4. Water bottle
5. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
6. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
7. Personal toiletries
8. Hand Sanitizer & face masks
1. Stay in Hammock tents on a sharing basis.
2. Meals included for Day 1 & 2
(i) Day 1 - BBQ Dinner
(ii) Day 2 - Breakfast
3. Skilled local naturalist who have ample knowledge of the route.
4. Trek essentials included–
(i) Accommodation - tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats etc.
(ii) Safety equipment - as per requirements and basic first aid kit.
5. All govt. and forest permit charges.
6. Orientation about Satpura National Park
7. A short trek
8. Transportation from Gypsy camp to Satpura camping site and back.
1. The above tour charges does not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials
3. In case if your tour remains incomplete or uninitiated because of ""force majeure"", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
4. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
5. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
1. If cancellations are made 25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, no cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If cancellations are made between 4-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, EITHER 75% of the total booking amount will be returned to the guest (25% of the total booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee) OR whole advance amount can be adjusted against any trek within next 12 months.
3. Rescheduling of the tour/trek is applicable only once, after that if you want to cancel your tour/trek or reschedule it again, it is not possible and you do not get any refund.
4. If cancellations are made within 4 days from the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 100% of the total booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
5. If you book the tour/trek/activity by making a partial payment of the total booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 30 days from the date of travel. In this case, your booking will get canceled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
6. In case if your tour/trek/activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
7. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
8. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5